5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with Cali vs rebel shocks

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have a Carli Fox commuter kit with 1000HD bags. It tows decently, but I can tell the ride is too soft and needs to be changed. Before we explore options, I'd like to state a few things.

1) This truck was built without a trailer in mind. I never envisioned owning a trailer, but it just happened. I built this truck to play in the dirt, but priorities have changed. I bought an Alliance 251bh travel trailer; the tongue weight and trailer weight are within the specs of my truck.
2) My ultimate plan is to buy a 2500 or 3500 diesel. I'm currently upside down and need to wait to find a good deal or pay some more off my current truck.

I'm looking at two options and wanted your insight or advice.

1) Get a Carli performance King shocks with timber grove helper bags

2) I have a new set of rebel shock/struts and install HD rear coils and timber Grover helper bags.

Option 1 costs far more but should ride pretty decent off-road and with a trailer. Option two is far cheaper, but will it work better than my current setup? I'm so torn about what to do! I don't mind spending money, but I also like to spend it wisely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back