5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing odometer

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
One of the odometers is a trailer trip odo. But I can’t find out how to start it. I see no way to manually engage it and hooking up a trailer doesn’t automatically start it.

Does anyone know how to get the trailer trip odometer going?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the odometers is a trailer trip odo. But I can’t find out how to start it. I see no way to manually engage it and hooking up a trailer doesn’t automatically start it.

Does anyone know how to get the trailer trip odometer going?

It's been reported that it only works with a 7-pin harness, i.e. trailers with brakes.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
I have a 7 pin but truck is not communicating with h trailer brakes because of previously installed remote wireless brake controller on trailer. I must use a hand held device to adjust brake force. Once dialed in, the system works without attention.

I just haven’t gotten around to converting the trailer back to having its brakes work with the truck directly through the 7 pin. It sounds like my trailer odo will work automatically once I get the truck and trailer talking to each other directly.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread