5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow report on 3.21

kittyjo

Reaction score
What kind of towing, boat, travel trailer, open utility trailer? Did it struggle at all ? And how long was the item u were towing? Need details haha thanks but good to know it can handle like it’s suppose to

Ramboy40

Reaction score
I was towing an 18 foot landscape trailer loaded with big rolls of artificial turf.
The truck had plenty of power, didn't seems to struggle at all...Most of the trip was on a 4 Lane hwy running 60 mph. Tow/haul was used.

raven_DT

Reaction score
Love the backup camera zoom for hooking up to a trailer by the way.
+1
I think the dual exhaust looks great but really sucks when your hooking up your trailer to a running truck. At that point you are sucking in all the exhaust fumes... Yes, you could turn the truck off while hooking up, unless your DW and children are inside sheltering from rain, heat or cold...

derp

Reaction score
+1
I think the dual exhaust looks great but really sucks when your hooking up your trailer to a running truck. At that point you are sucking in all the exhaust fumes... Yes, you could turn the truck off while hooking up, unless your DW and children are inside sheltering from rain, heat or cold...

The only way out of that I can think of short of single exhaust is Etorque. AFAIK though it is a full start stop system which would reduce/end AC performance for the passengers. Overall a devil's bargain.

Mike 67

Reaction score
My 5.7 non etorque only got 6.5 mpg pulling a 3,700 lb enclosed v nose trailer! I would get just about double with my old 07 Duramax. Disappointed!

mr.jacobmc

Reaction score
Truck was around 4100. Trailer around 2k. Cab full of construction crew buddies. No one under 200lbs. Pulled it for 3 hours. No problem at 13mpg, constant 60 to 70mph

Attachments

• 07F0E1D8-1F4C-4EE5-B974-870EDE7A2172.jpeg
    07F0E1D8-1F4C-4EE5-B974-870EDE7A2172.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread