5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirror guidance lights help

lelshaddai

Reaction score
The dealer finally installed the tow mirrors on the 2021 Ram Laramie. They heat and power fold with the switch. These mirrors also have the guidance lights. These do no work and the dealer which in the contract agreed to include these mirrors will not get them to work. I am trying to get them to honor the deal and get the guidance lights to work. Questions: Does anyone have these mirrors on a 1500 Laramie and the guidance lights work with the rear cargo light? Can they be set up to work? I have the OBDmx+ module, cable and software and the lights do not show up under DT 2021 Body. They also do not show up on the 12" uconnect. If the door modules are not correct then what do I need? The dealer says they cannot program them since they do not have a sales code(whatever that means) The dealer says if I buy the modules they may install them but will not guarantee them to work. Any help would be great.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I don't know what you'd need to get them to work but my 22 came with those mirrors and guidance lights. They do in fact work with the rear cargo light.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turn on the Cargo light switch and they come on in Reverse. That is how mine work on my 2021 Laramie.

Malodave

lelshaddai

Reaction score
Turn on the Cargo light switch and they come on in Reverse. That is how mine work on my 2021 Laramie.

Malodave
Did your Laramie come with them.?Dealer added these on. I a may not have the correct door module. I do not have any settings in the uconnect.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my Laramie with the Powerfold Tow Mirrors w/360º cameras. They have puddle lights and the Reverse Clearance lights too.

Malodave

lelshaddai

Reaction score
I have them working. I had to use alfaobd and use the 2500 setting since most of the 1500's did not come with them. It still does not show in the uconnect but they turn on now with the cargo light and reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread