5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow hooks

12AM RYDER

Reaction score
Hey there guys/gals.
I leased a Ram 1500 Bighorn Midnight edition. My first pickup, so I leased rather than bought to lessen the chance of buyers remorse. But i love it so much I'm sorry I didn't buy. Anyway I always drive 4x4 because I fish the surf and we have a few areas here in NY/Long Island where beach access is permitted.
My truck did not come with tow hooks. I recently ordered the factory hooks, (not installed yet). For safety reasons on the beach, I felt I should have them. I have the trailer package, so rear hookup is not a problem. My last couple of 4x4s (jeeps, which I owned) i had a front receiver for a hitch installed. this allowed me to install a winch but mostly I used it to attach a fishing rod/cooler holder. I still have that same holder, which is perfect for my uses (anglers fish-n-mate).
So my question to you guys is, since I am leasing I do not want to install a front hitch. I this case it requires removal or trimming of the front fascia. Even if i wanted to do that, I worry that it would interfere with the electronic air dam operation. I have been trying to figure out a way to use the tow hooks as an attachment point, but the design and shape are not ideal. I see that 2500's have a variety of tow hook options over the years. Does anyone know of other available tow hook options for my Ram? Or, a company that makes a bull bar/guard type of attachment that uses the tow hook attachment points? Armordillo in Texas makes a pre-runner guard that does exactly that, but it is a huge contraption and is $800!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome... unfortunately no feedback on the tow hooks but someone with experience with them will chime in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online