5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow/Haul Mode Switch Addon

puffyninja

Reaction score
Hello,

I am about to go into a dealership and looking at a specific truck that checks off most of what I want in the truck, but the one thing it does not have is a tow/haul mode switch like my previous truck had. Is this something that can be added on by the dealer if requested? I know I can ask the dealership directly, but haven't headed out yet and just wanted to see if anyone knew it was possible.

Thanks!

Are you looking for a '24 or '25? At least for '24 and earlier, that cannot be added. It is part of the 'Trailer tow group'. They can add the hitch or brake controller, but not the tow group.

That group includes the following:

Trailer–Tow Group:
Trailer Reverse Steering Control
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System (separate TPMS sensors for trailer wheels)
Trailer Brake–Controller
Power Trailer–Tow Mirrors with Manual Fold–Away (power fold on higher models)

So not only would it have to have the electronics, they would have to change out the mirrors for the larger mirrors that fold up.

Last edited:
On the 25’s, it’s one of the drive modes you choose via the buttons on the steering wheel.

On the 25’s, it’s one of the drive modes you choose via the buttons on the steering wheel.
Gotcha! I know my wife's Expedition has that, same selector as Sport mode on the Ford. I don't recall anything like that on my '23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back