5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top hat lift and factory ride

Jonathan-Osborn

Reaction score
I recently installed a top hat lift 3.5 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back. I went with the top hats because I loved the factory ride and thought I would keep the same ride while taking out the take and giving the truck the stance it should have had from the factory. After installing the top hats my ride is not the same, would changing the upper control arms give me back my cloud ride? I won’t be off-roading and flexing, at most it’ll be a well worn 2 track road. Staying factory size tires, maybe 33’s max. If I can’t get the super nice ride back I will take the top hats off and just live with a low riding truck.

I recently installed a top hat lift 3.5 inches in the front and 2 inches in the back. I went with the top hats because I loved the factory ride and thought I would keep the same ride while taking out the take and giving the truck the stance it should have had from the factory. After installing the top hats my ride is not the same, would changing the upper control arms give me back my cloud ride? I won’t be off-roading and flexing, at most it’ll be a well worn 2 track road. Staying factory size tires, maybe 33’s max. If I can’t get the super nice ride back I will take the top hats off and just live with a low riding truck.
You definitely need UCAs with that much lift. Not sure if that will help the ride. I’d go with lift struts and make sure the rest of the suspension is within spec. Not sure what else would need to be changed

UCA's will not help your ride. First, 3.5 inches is too high for a level. 2.5 is about all you should go. The 3.5 changed your geometry which changed your ride. Pucks are terrible for your geometry anyways. Bilsteins are your best low end choice. They are valves to handle the lift and larger wheels which will help you ride and keep your geometry in spec. If you run it hard you should get UCA's with it and also an alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back