5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top card doesn't retain selection

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
selections I took my phone Ram in today to have a molding replaced and mentioned that the system doesn't retain the top card to my advisor. They contacted Uconnect and they claim I have the most current update. They asked if they could keep the truck for the day and do some research. So they gave me a loaner and I told them to have at it.

We'll see what, if anything, they can find/do. I know some have gotten it corrected with an update. Maybe they can reset it back to factory settings and reapply any updates. I'll let you all know tonight.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the truck back yesterday afternoon. The dealer was unable to "fix" the potential issue. My advisor claimed Uconnect says that the top card will not retain the previous setting upon restarting the truck and they tested 3 others on the lot and got the same results.

If that's the biggest problem with the 12" UConnect system I have, I'll be fine. Everything else with it performs fine.

LadyRam19

Reaction score
selections I took my phone Ram in today to have a molding replaced and mentioned that the system doesn't retain the top card to my advisor. They contacted Uconnect and they claim I have the most current update. They asked if they could keep the truck for the day and do some research. So they gave me a loaner and I told them to have at it.

We'll see what, if anything, they can find/do. I know some have gotten it corrected with an update. Maybe they can reset it back to factory settings and reapply any updates. I'll let you all know tonight.

Mine does the same. Annoying
I choose NAV each time. After that I need to swipe from right to left (it displays 'favorite destination' before I swipe.

Would be nice if it would remember.
The bottom doesn't have any issues

MachoDonut

Reaction score
My guess is that it has something to do with Apple Carplay/Android Auto being coded to always use the top card. Instead of behaving based on whether or not a phone is plugged in, it may just default to no last top card to avoid issues. That is just my guess, it's not based on any facts.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i dont use the spilt screen function as i did the first month. the top section not retaining last setting is just bewilderingly dumb to me.
there should have been a few folks in the software development group ask, how come we can't add this?, or what if we allowed this?, etc.

ammdrew

Reaction score
So I am not sure if related but I found that I needed to make sure I created a user in sirius in order for sirius to retain settings. I also found that if I did a seat setting save things tend to stay the way I set them last.. maybe try both if you have not.. my top card stays as long as I do not plug my iphone into one of the carplay jacks.. I would really like to use carplay but have factory nav stay functioning. Seems to me that I should be able to choose that option for now I plug the phone in to the center armrest usb outlet so I can bluetooth phone and keep main nav up.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have a sirius profile/user setting, both memory 1 and 2 are set, has nothing to do with the Uconnect settings though.
if i am out running errands, in an out of the truck an hour or so at a time the top card remains as i left it, but +4 hours or overnight all bets are off.

ammdrew

Reaction score
hmm I will pull my software build number, my truck was built in Sept so maybe it has a newer build the card stays.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Mine stays no problem, built early Oct

Users who are viewing this thread