5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom from Oz New member.

Tom from Oz

Reaction score
Hi all, and thanks for the add. I'm from Bonnie Doon in Victoria Australia and have placed an order for a Ram Express. delivery is Mar?April. I will be seeking advice on some issues as time goes by. Ram are converted to RHD in Melbourne Oz by Walkinshaw Racing, Its a factory type operation and they have converted 10000 Rams so far. Ram is the only US type truck currently commercially available in OZ. There are 8 in my rural neighbourhood. Most have been sold to previously Toyota Landcruiser owners.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You'll have to show us some photos after you receive your Ram. I would like to see the interior, especially with right hand drive.

Tom from Oz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You'll have to show us some photos after you receive your Ram. I would like to see the interior, especially with right hand drive.
Dr Jim as a retiree I have ordered the Express, very little bling. Centre console is basic. No Upper glove box lid. Dash is made in Oz and is Laramie standard, (sme company made toyota dash when toyota made cars here,. I wanted a tow rig for my 21 foot van. I have travelled extensively over the past 15 years 4 trips to the US 4 to Europe and long Oz travel each year. I worked for Fosters (beer) globally for over 20 years. Canada (Molson) Middle East, China, Vietnam,(4 years) Pacific Islands and Oz.
I visited the US in 2019 and dropped into the Ram Dealer in Show Lo Arizona , the young salesman had played basketball in Bendigo Victoria and knew all the good things about where I live. His attitude was excellent. Ram prices are high here but so are Lancruisers and Patrols. F series and Silverados are another huge step from ram.
Looking forward to posting when I get mine, but its a long waite (weight).
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread