5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To lower or not? That is the question....

RoostersRAM2022

Reaction score
I have a 2022 4X4 Laramie crew cab with 5.7 Hemi "E" torque. I use it as a daily driver as well as towing a 30' toy hauler. I also carry around 400 lbs. around in the bed 24/7.
I am considering installing a lowering kit 2-3" front and 4-6" in the rear. I frequently load and unload my stuff in the bed and a few inches lower would be great as several of the components I load/unload weigh upwards of 60-80 lbs.
Has anyone done their trucks and how did it come out? Whose kit did you use, and what issues did the lowering create, if any. Mosty concerned with alignment and driveline angle issues.
I don't do any off road except going in and out of campgrounds, so ground clearance is not an issue.
I have had RAM truck since the 1980's and for my money, they are the best.
Please let me know your experiences.
Thanks,

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are quite a few of us on here that have successfully completed the lowering process. Here are a few examples. There are a lot of options out there. I personally lowered my truck using parts from various vendors. Since I did not want to loose the ability to tow, I used Timber Grove coil replacement air bags. They support up to 6K lbs and can be adjusted to level the truck under a load. You can also dump all of the air out of the bags and lower the frame to the axle, which will lower your bed entry a lot.

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a Reverse level for now, but have been researching different options. I would definitely use the Belltech spindle and Maxtrac front lowering struts ( over 2" ) for best, as I've seen the Belltech coilovers mentioned to give a harsh ride. The rear I would highly recommend adjustable arms, panhard and sway bar links from CORE4X4 and the bags mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread