5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tires

bill5

Reaction score
Ordered a ,2021 Ram on 2/7/21 and have received the window sticker and waiting on transport.
I noticed on the window sticker the tires are OWL which I take to mean Outside White Lettering?
I have been looking and haven't seen 1 vehicle any make with white letters on out side. If my assumption is correct,
who was the brainchild behind this and shouldn't it be an option? It is when you buy new tires.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is standard on most of the Laramies...see links below for an example. You could ask the dealer to dismount the tires and turn them around so you have the black wall out. We did that with our Laramie and they dealer did it for free as part of the deal. They did it as we were doing the paperwork so worked out well.

Last edited:

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OWL is standard on all Rebels, and any truck with the off road group package. My 2019 big horn night edition also came with the white lettering out on the tires.

As already stated, if you don’t like it just ask the dealer to turn them around for you

bill5

Reaction score
Ordered a ,2021 Ram on 2/7/21 and have received the window sticker and waiting on transport.
I noticed on the window sticker the tires are OWL which I take to mean Outside White Lettering?
I have been looking and haven't seen 1 vehicle any make with white letters on out side. If my assumption is correct,
who was the brainchild behind this and shouldn't it be an option? It is when you buy new tires.
I am planning on asking the dealer to do it, I really was curious as to why they came that way.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Outlined White Letters.
Suggest you take delivery as is, with the dealer touching the truck as little as possible. Make sure you have no problems, vibrations, etc, that they could blame on dismounting/ remounting/ balancing tires.

If you don’t like the look, then change it.

if you don’t have a tire shop you trust more than the dealer (who I have no faith in), then maybe you want it done before taking delivery, and test drive before signing, to make sure they didn’t mess it up.

BTW, I switch between black ATs for winter and OWL Bridgestones for summer, and don’t mind the look.

Reactions: Buz

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Outlined White Letters.
Suggest you take delivery as is, with the dealer touching the truck as little as possible. Make sure you have no problems, vibrations, etc, that they could blame on dismounting/ remounting/ balancing tires.

If you don’t like the look, then change it.

if you don’t have a tire shop you trust more than the dealer (who I have no faith in), then maybe you want it done before taking delivery, and test drive before signing, to make sure they didn’t mess it up.

BTW, I switch between black ATs for winter and OWL Bridgestones for summer, and don’t mind the look.
1000% agree with this!!!
DO NOT have them turned around if you like a smooth, vibration free highway ride.
It's amazing how much smoother OEM tires that come on a vehicle usually are vs. 'Joe's tire shop' trying to balance them for you. Seems like tire shops can never duplicate this smoothness unless you get all over them and they actually road force balance them, which is a painful process getting a regular tire shop to actually do.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, despite all the recommendations to not do it, we had ours done and the ride was just as smooth with zero vibration issues.

The Sales Team knew I was going to take it for a test drive before I signed the final documents and the Service Team was informed of such. I took it for a drive and it was perfect...docs signed in less than five minutes and I was gone.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, despite all the recommendations to not do it, we had ours done and the ride was just as smooth with zero vibration issues.

The Sales Team knew I was going to take it for a test drive before I signed the final documents and the Service Team was informed of such. I took it for a drive and it was perfect...docs signed in less than five minutes and I was gone.
Glad it worked out!

Users who are viewing this thread