5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Recommendations

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Looking to add a 3" leveling kit and an alignment then upgrade tires. Looking for 35" tires that fit the stock factory rims 2019 Ram 1500 Quad 4x4 18" 6 lug new body style.

I need quieter ride, E Rated 12 ply and good wearing. Will be trailering a 25' TT out west and maybe taking a smaller teardrop overland on some trips too.

Thanks. Buying in a couple of weeks so appreciate the wisdom.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of tires are you looking for? A/T? Highway? M/T? Winter?

If A/T tires: General Grabber A/TX or Falken Wildpeak A/TW
Cannot be beat by any other A/T or highway tire if you're going into any wintery situations. Only thing better would be dedicated winter tires. The Grabber A/TX tires are a bit better in mud than the Wildpeaks.
Goodyear Duratracs are decent. Some have luck with Michelins, I did not. Terrible in snow compared to Hankook A/TM tires, Wildpeaks, or Grabbers.

IrishRED

Reaction score
What kind of tires are you looking for? A/T? Highway? M/T? Winter?

If A/T tires: General Grabber A/TX or Falken Wildpeak A/TW
Cannot be beat by any other A/T or highway tire if you're going into any wintery situations. Only thing better would be dedicated winter tires. The Grabber A/TX tires are a bit better in mud than the Wildpeaks.
Goodyear Duratracs are decent. Some have luck with Michelins, I did not. Terrible in snow compared to Hankook A/TM tires, Wildpeaks, or Grabbers.
I am in the same dilemma (probably not 35s, though)! I have been a die hard BF Goodrich AT KO2 user on my last 2-3 vehicles. Now, however I am leaning towards the Grabber A/TX. I like the KO2s but I know too many people who swear by the Grabbers so I am going to give them a try! Still, though, depends on what kind of tire you are looking for. Road noise will go up with the ATs and your gas mileage (not that anyone really cares) will drop a little bit.

Barty88

Reaction score
I have 22" stock rims and a 2.5 inch lift (almost 45 inches to fender lip) and I have ordered an Eibach kit (like the Bilstein 5100's) to remove the cheap spacer and keep the height. I am looking for tires. Unfortunately 22"s limit my choices, tried selling the rims locally but not alot of interest up here in Vermont. So I found a GREAT deal on a set of Nitto MTs ...too good to pass up, but at the same time I really didnt want that aggressive of a tire. I am considering smaller brands and most have actually good reviews... mostly 4+ out of 5 over several sites. Wondering if anyone has tried for themselves brands like Haida, Lanvigator, RBP, Suretrac, Crosswind, Venom, or Radar ties? I need a 285/55r22. I know Nitto, Yokahama and Toyo or General are all 'better' brands but going from $200 a tire to $400 or $500 or even $600 a tire seems silly. Unless they are unsafe and/or absolute junk even getting 30k miles out of them would better than 50k miles out of something three times the price.

puba08

Reaction score
I like the Federal’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread