5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire advice needed!

U

User_18352

So here's my dilemma,

My Limited came stock with 22's and while they look nice I hate the lack of tire selection in 285/45R22, lack of sidewall and poor treadwear, so I've decided to move down to 18" wheels.
I got my hands on some 18" Rebel take offs, I'm thinking about putting some LT275/65/18 Toyo Open Country AT3's on them but I'm not sure whether to go with Load Range C or E.
I tow an aluminum trailer (800 lbs-ish) with an 800 lb ATV on it every couple of weeks, 700 km round trip, all pavement except for 5 - 6 kilometers.
I haul some landscaping materials and lumber in the back of the truck (gravel, bags of concrete, patio stones / pavers) from time to time, I generally don't go above 60-70% of my trucks rated payload.
I don't spend much time on gravel roads and I don't take the truck off road.
I'm thinking that Load Range C will be more than sufficient based on my needs, anyone see any potential issues, something I may not have thought of that would effect my tire choice?

Thanks in advance for any input,

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread