5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips to avoid being scammed when buying truck parts

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m pretty active in a lot of the 5th gen Ram groups on Facebook and noticed lately these groups are being inundated with scam accounts posting the same pictures trying to steal from folks. What’s worse is people keep falling for the same song and dance over and over!

So…I made a video of 5 golden rules I live by when buying parts on line. These are not all inclusive and not a guarantee you won’t ever be scammed but following these will radically reduce your risk of being scammed.

At the end of the day, know when to walk away from a “sale.”

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also doesn't help that the Admins/Moderators don't do their job efficiently. You can usually see a profile and know they're scammers without letting in the group. Not saying 100%, but do some work! Ha

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also doesn't help that the Admins/Moderators don't do their job efficiently. You can usually see a profile and know they're scammers without letting in the group. Not saying 100%, but do some work! Ha
You talking about this forum, or somewhere else?

FWIW, there's no "letting in the group" here, unless there's a flag of some sort in the system. People can just join willy-nilly, and it's our jobs (as moderators) to find the bad ones somewhere along the way.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good stuff brother! Thanks for helping make this community the best around! And I am going to start giving scammers a taste of their own medicine. 🤣

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

FWIW, there's no "letting in the group" here, unless there's a flag of some sort in the system. People can just join willy-nilly, and it's our jobs (as moderators) to find the bad ones somewhere along the way.
Don't be so sensitive and if you read his post it says Facebook 🤓🤓

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

And I have only been banned once or twice? Yep. Slackin' ! 🤣

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We’re talking about the Facebook groups.

Users who are viewing this thread