5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to modify and need your expertise!

shark939

Reaction score
Hello all! I have been scouring the threads for quite some time and there is a TON of information, but I find myself I have 50 tabs open and can't come to any real conclusions on what I am seaking so I figured I would create a post and see if I can solve my A.D.D issues with everything being under one thread. Appreciate any input!

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Lonestar 4X2 5.7 Hemi in Patriot Blue. I have done some minor upgrades such as fixed running boards, 20" black wheels and blacked out emblems and exhaust tips. My list however, continues to grow and this is a rough draft of the order i want to do them in:

1) Passive Entry - Must have and will be doing this as soon as it cools down outside (North Texas).
1a) What are the common changes to make since I will have invested in an AlfaOBD?
2) Beefier exhaust - Suggestions on that deeper start up sound, but not so loud it bugs you while driving. Want that perfect start up and idle sound.
3) Leveling kit - What is the best, non-full suspension, kit for that perfect look?
4) New Wheels and Tires once the factory tires are done - Looking at find some 22" OEM Midnight Takeoffs from the 2023 Larmies/Limited - Any other suggestions or do I just stick with the 20s to save on cost? Tires will be more on size/look but also not crazy loud at highway speeds, no off-roading since it's a 4x2, just want to fill the space of the wheel well and not have a big gap after the leveling kit.
5) Also was thinking of trying to hit up the salvage yards around the area to find some LED headlights or a console vault and wireless charging that came in the Larmies or southwest editions.
6) What am I missing? I plan on doing most of this in the next 6-12 months.

Thank you for your feedback!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hello all! I have been scouring the threads for quite some time and there is a TON of information, but I find myself I have 50 tabs open and can't come to any real conclusions on what I am seaking so I figured I would create a post and see if I can solve my A.D.D issues with everything being under one thread. Appreciate any input!

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Lonestar 4X2 5.7 Hemi in Patriot Blue. I have done some minor upgrades such as fixed running boards, 20" black wheels and blacked out emblems and exhaust tips. My list however, continues to grow and this is a rough draft of the order i want to do them in:

1) Passive Entry - Must have and will be doing this as soon as it cools down outside (North Texas).
1a) What are the common changes to make since I will have invested in an AlfaOBD?
2) Beefier exhaust - Suggestions on that deeper start up sound, but not so loud it bugs you while driving. Want that perfect start up and idle sound.
3) Leveling kit - What is the best, non-full suspension, kit for that perfect look?
4) New Wheels and Tires once the factory tires are done - Looking at find some 22" OEM Midnight Takeoffs from the 2023 Larmies/Limited - Any other suggestions or do I just stick with the 20s to save on cost? Tires will be more on size/look but also not crazy loud at highway speeds, no off-roading since it's a 4x2, just want to fill the space of the wheel well and not have a big gap after the leveling kit.
5) Also was thinking of trying to hit up the salvage yards around the area to find some LED headlights or a console vault and wireless charging that came in the Larmies or southwest editions.
6) What am I missing? I plan on doing most of this in the next 6-12 months.

Thank you for your feedback!
for passive entry read these threads

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The search function is your friend. A lot of what you are looking for is subjective. I don’t off road a lot so you may like my setup. 2” Top hat spacers to level, 275/60r20’s to fill up the wheel wells a bit more, and flowfx muffler for a throatier sound but not obnoxious and no drone.

You’re just going to have to read, read, and read some more while taking notes.

N7GZN

Reaction score
In addition to AlfaOBD, and a conversion wire harness, if using LED headlights from a Laramie Longhorn or Limited, the grill from the donor vehicle will need to be used along with the headlights, as they are shaped differently.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In addition to AlfaOBD, and a conversion wire harness, if using LED headlights from a Laramie Longhorn or Limited, the grill from the donor vehicle will need to be used along with the headlights, as they are shaped differently.
Still can't use them. The fenders are different. Have to use Laramie headlights for anything Laramie and below.

shark939

Reaction score

The search function is your friend. A lot of what you are looking for is subjective. I don’t off road a lot so you may like my setup. 2” Top hat spacers to level, 275/60r20’s to fill up the wheel wells a bit more, and flowfx muffler for a throatier sound but not obnoxious and no drone.

You’re just going to have to read, read, and read some more while taking notes.
I've seen a bunch of your posts. I'll check your kit and exhaust suggestions. Thanks!

shark939

Reaction score
Still can't use them. The fenders are different. Have to use Laramie headlights for anything Laramie and below.
So Laramie's are interchangeable with new grill, but Limited have different fenders or both wouldn't work?

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
OP, you have a mighty big list there. As @theblet said, much is subjective. Exhaust is a prime example. To some raspy nasty straight pipes are music, to others super mellow broken in stock emufflers are perfect. Just depends.

6of36

Reaction score
So Laramie's are interchangeable with new grill, but Limited have different fenders or both wouldn't work?
Grille, fenders, and headlights, are different shape, on TRX, Limited, and Longhorn, compared to Laramie, Big Horn, Lone Star, and below. Not sure about Rebel, I haven't looked.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’d just get the LEDs that fit your truck and program them with alpha or jscan

shark939

Reaction score
Grille, fenders, and headlights, are different shape, on TRX, Limited, and Longhorn, compared to Laramie, Big Horn, Lone Star, and below. Not sure about Rebel, I haven't looked.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread