5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle body spacer

Ramathorn

Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone have any experience with a throttle body spacer for an etorque hemi? Im looking to improve my mileage (and power, of course) a little bit, and am thinking about a throttle body spacer, intake, and maybe an ECU flash.

Does anyone have any experience with the throttle body spacer? summit racing has them on sale for $100 right now, and im thinking about getting one...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/afe-46-32005?rrec=true

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone have any experience with a throttle body spacer for an etorque hemi? Im looking to improve my mileage (and power, of course) a little bit, and am thinking about a throttle body spacer, intake, and maybe an ECU flash.

Does anyone have any experience with the throttle body spacer? summit racing has them on sale for $100 right now, and im thinking about getting one...

I've done a good bit of research and it doesn't look like it does much to our trucks. Really only works with tbi or carbs.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ second that. Money better spent on something else.
Ecu flash will be a lot of money up front which I don’t think is available yet on 19s. And if done your pretty much voiding all powertrain warrenty

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Throttle body spacers only (minimally) affect engine efficiency when they are placed between a throttle body fuel injector or carburetor and the intake valves.
The 5.7L engine has neither TBI nor carb.
As stated above: don't waste your money on a throttle body spacer.

Steve

SColang22

Reaction score
Hey all,

Its a waste of money. If you want to do something with your throttle body get ported one or if you plan on forced air go with a bored out one. Moes and fastman sell pretty good ones.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What? That's not true at all. Yes its a huge waste of money for something that does nothing for your truck but it WILL NOT void any warranty and it WILL NOT require you to flash the ECU. Its like an other bolt on that doesn't require a tune.

easy cowboy, re-read what was posted.
"Ecu flash will be a lot of money up front which I don’t think is available yet on 19s. And if done your pretty much voiding all powertrain warrenty."

SColang22

Reaction score
"Ecu flash will be a lot of money up front which I don’t think is available yet on 19s. And if done your pretty much voiding all powertrain warrenty."
hey cowboy, commented back and thought he was saying the throttle body spacer needed the ECU flash

SColang22

Reaction score
^^^believe you miss read my message.
But also the warranty thing is dealer to dealer. My dealership will not void warranty do to a tune. Some will and some won't.

Broketoe

Reaction score
Really..a throttle control from banks called pedal monster will do a lot to throttle response..spacer is a joke..just about 6 months ago purchased a 2021 ram laramie 4x4 crew cab 40: series flowmeter s& b c.a.i. banks pedal monster husky mud flaps rugged wheel liners..I luv it no throttle lag.and 16 to 19 mpg.. and tyger t5 tonnue cover..

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TB spacers only work to lighten you bank account. There is no possible way they can provide any performance increase, and some have actually hurt performance depending on design

SueHarada

Reaction score
beware! The intake is made out of ABS plastic, thus using wood type screws to seat the TB or spacer. Prone to stripping and or cracking if torqued too tight.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
beware! The intake is made out of ABS plastic, thus using wood type screws to seat the TB or spacer. Prone to stripping and or cracking if torqued too tight.
What ghetto ash TB spacers have you used that come with wood screws to attach to an intake manifold that has metal bosses for TB bolts?

SueHarada

Reaction score
What ghetto ash TB spacers have you used that come with wood screws to attach to an intake manifold that has metal bosses for TB bolts?
what I mean is that the OEM screws are just like wood screw shanks. Designed to bite into the plastic as it expands or contracts. The only difference is that the kit comes with extra long screws to accommodate the new height of the spacer.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there was any measurable power or economy to be gained, I think they'd have gone here first before messing with the complex and expensive MDS and e-torque systems. :unsure:

Now if you're looking for an extra part to drill a hole into for a nitrous port, there might actually be a practical use found. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread