5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on a mod for the power steps

Apexcars

Reaction score
I am thinking of attaching something like this to my power step about where the B pillar is. https://www.raneystruckparts.com/co...guisher-inside-sign-with-flames-by-roadworks/ The power steps stay relatively clean compared to other steps that stay out all of the time and it seems that if there was a way to wipe mud or other much off your boots just before you get in it would help keep the interior cleaner. I know truckers use something like this on their steps sometimes. My worries are that it would make the sensors think there was something on the step and not close properly or that the bristles would rub on the paint when the step was opened and closed. I'm thinking of getting this and zip tying it on for testing and then looking at a more permanent mounting solution if it works well. What are your thoughts?

airgas1998

Reaction score
i'd think that would scratch the hell out of that lower panel....perhaps you'll find out.

Apexcars

Reaction score
Well, there is a pretty good gap between the running board and the body so I’m hoping the nap on the mat would be short enough not to rub.

GoMango16

Reaction score
If it does, just get a sheet of the clear rock guard and stick it to the rocker area where it goes up at.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have automated boards, but that is a really good idea! I need to adapt that somehow to my truck, as I'm always stomping around with work boots caked with clay. Maybe I can get the kick-down bed step and put it on top of that.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a great idea! The boards will not fold in if any object is detected in between truck and boards....so most likely imo if they deploy and retract with issues it will not rub the truck paint.Post us an update when toy try it.......Also....wonder if Velcro would hold it on okay and no zip ties?

Users who are viewing this thread