5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought I had a blow out!

2001gw

Reaction score
I had the craziest thing happen today. 2021 1500 Limited, crew cab. I’ve had this truck for 6 months and never drive with the windows open (I live in Florida A/C is always on). I was driving down a country road doing 55 MPH and for some reason decided to open the rear door windows. As I was opening the passenger side rear window I started experiencing a pretty violent shake in the whole truck. I immediately thought I just had a tire go flat. I pulled off to the side of the road to check which tire was flat and to my surprise all 4 tires were just fine.

I got back in the truck and started down the road. As I reached about 40 MPH the truck started shaking again. The faster I went the more pronounced the shake became. Then I realized the rear seat and headrests were shaking pretty hard too. I CLOSED THE WINDOW AND THE SKAKE STOPPED! CRAZY!

Every time I would open either rear door window the rear seat would begin to shake enough that I could feel it throughout the whole truck. If I opened the front windows while the rear window were open the shake would go away.

Try it. Crew Cab…rear door windows open…55 MPH.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
My '15 Silverado was brutal with the buffering! Would blow your eardrums out!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Jason605

Reaction score
I had the craziest thing happen today. 2021 1500 Limited, crew cab. I’ve had this truck for 6 months and never drive with the windows open (I live in Florida A/C is always on). I was driving down a country road doing 55 MPH and for some reason decided to open the rear door windows. As I was opening the passenger side rear window I started experiencing a pretty violent shake in the whole truck. I immediately thought I just had a tire go flat. I pulled off to the side of the road to check which tire was flat and to my surprise all 4 tires were just fine.

I got back in the truck and started down the road. As I reached about 40 MPH the truck started shaking again. The faster I went the more pronounced the shake became. Then I realized the rear seat and headrests were shaking pretty hard too. I CLOSED THE WINDOW AND THE SKAKE STOPPED! CRAZY!

Every time I would open either rear door window the rear seat would begin to shake enough that I could feel it throughout the whole truck. If I opened the front windows while the rear window were open the shake would go away.

Try it. Crew Cab…rear door windows open…55 MPH.
Open all 4 windows evenly and all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread