5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those of you with load assist airbags, do you have manual or on board inflation?

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I had Airlift 1000HD's on my last 5th gen, I am about to pull the trigger on Timber Grove's and was planning on just doing manual inflation. But I like the compressor system that fits in the Ram floor storage bins. Having Bluetooth control would be great.

I'm not a newbie on the subject, but I would like to hear from those of you who have an on-board compressor if you believe it was worth the coin. Thanks

blakei

Reaction score
I don't have the onboard compressor, but do have Timber Groves. I opted to use manual inflation to avoid more complexity and a minor bit of weight. I fill up when I hitch up and am good to go -- PSI holds over several days.

PaGregSS

Reaction score
I have the Airlift 1000HDs and I just do manual inflation. If I need more air in them for some reason, I'll just throw in my portable air tank or the cheap harbor freight 12V air compressor. Though, I've never really needed to add air once I inflated them to what I wanted.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Timber Groves and i opted for manual. I measure hitch height and then hook up to my trailer with the weight distro system. Then toss in air till it's almost level. Honestly as light as my trailer is I really don't need them, but tweaked right they smooth out some bounce.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
i have timber groves with airlift wireless one compressor.

if the roads are rough, i drop to 5psi (unloaded). too bouncy? up to 10-15psi.

loaded, i just keep adjusting till it’s right. most i’ve run is 75psi to level out a pallet of sod i was towing. the guy loaded it basically on the tongue of my trailer (was way heavier than they said it would be, bent the hell out of my lowes trailer.)

i’d say onboard compressor and rear bags are my favorite mod, aside from my trinity and 93 street tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread