5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This would make me lose my mind.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Ill informed bad dealers are the bain of FCA and every auto maker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't miss the fact that it started with a non warranty accident. I agree it should have been fixed right the first time.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
I'm coming to this post a little late but here is my take on this. This isn't an FCA issue, this is strictly a Dealer Service issue. They didn't fix the problem period. It appears they might have assumed it was just an alignment issue and did not inspect the vehicle well enough or ask enough questions to resolve the root cause. I don't believe this is uncommon. Unfortunately you have to watch these service departments very carefully.

My experience with RAM dealerships is only about two years and limited to mostly 1 dealership. However, my experience has been less than positive. I had many issues with my last RAM and at least 50% of the warranty repairs had my truck returned with some type of dealer service caused damage. The damage ranged from greasy boot marks and scratches on the door sill (minor but aggravating) to scratched paint, scratched window tint, etc. Then there is the dreaded we can't duplicate the problem so we can't do anything but document your complaint even when there is a TSB for the issue. Then there is also this is normal when it is known to not be normal. By far the most frustrating thing for me is not wanting to do warranty work on Saturday due to a reported lack of mechanics scheduled to work on Saturdays. I have a 8 - 5 Monday thru Friday job with no dealer closer than a 25 min drive. This leaves me only Saturdays or taking at least a partial day off. Maybe this mechanic availability portion is limited to the L.A. area.

Sorry for the rant.

Users who are viewing this thread