5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Third brake light fuse?

coflvr

Reaction score
CHMSL Fuse location? I apologize if I missed it. I have pulled both inside and outside fuse boxes and diagrams but I'm not seeing anything mentioning which fuse is for the third brake light. I have the 2019 5th gen. Anyone have insight? I have attempted to replace and even swap bulbs with the working bed lights on either side of it but haven't had any luck thus far.

Rdubs98

Reaction score
Any luck with this? I seem to be having the same issue. I had a cargo light and the center actual brake light go out. Went to replace with lasfit LED. Got both cargo lights working but center light would not come on. Noticed light charring on the socket so ordered a new assembly and still having the same issue. Tried both bulbs that came from lasfit, and the halogen that came with replacement assembly and still no center light.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any luck with this? I seem to be having the same issue. I had a cargo light and the center actual brake light go out. Went to replace with lasfit LED. Got both cargo lights working but center light would not come on. Noticed light charring on the socket so ordered a new assembly and still having the same issue. Tried both bulbs that came from lasfit, and the halogen that came with replacement assembly and still no center light.

Did you rotate the LED bulb 180° in the socket? That worked for me.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure about the fuse, but check the connector and socket for 12v dc

Rdubs98

Reaction score
Did you rotate the LED bulb 180° in the socket? That worked for me.
Yes I had to rotate all bulbs upon first install since none came on but 3rd brake still stayed off. Did the same with each subsequent bulb I tried in center socket.

Rdubs98

Reaction score
Not sure about the fuse, but check the connector and socket for 12v dc
I’m kind of dense when it comes to electrical connections. But if that was bad would it allow the cargo lights to work? I bought a brand new mopar replacement light assembly so I am fairly confident that all sockets and connectors are in good condition.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m kind of dense when it comes to electrical connections. But if that was bad would it allow the cargo lights to work? I bought a brand new mopar replacement light assembly so I am fairly confident that all sockets and connectors are in good condition.
Cargo lights and CHMSL should be separate circuits. Have you checked for voltage at the socket for the brake light?

Rdubs98

Reaction score
The cargo lights and brake light all plug into 1 harness. I have not checked that though. Will see if I can get my hands on the correct tool to do that.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CHMSL is controlled directly by the BCM, pin 4 (WHT/DK GRN) is power from BCM and pin 3 (BLK) is ground.
Pin 1 (WHT/TAN) is power from BCM to the cargo lamps and pin 2 (BLK) is ground.
Both ground wires are grounded at G946A, located under right side of rear seat.
I would take a very close look at the connector for any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread