5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that make you go "hmmmm":

logboom

Reaction score

If Stellantis merges, sales or spins off Chrysler, Dodge Ram to the Chinese , I will sell my truck and never look back!

I am with you -- seriously, the French/Italians don't understand the US truck market. They make dog **** like Fiat, Citroen, Renaualt, Vaxhaul and other crap.

Chrysler needs to be bought back by some one(s) in the US.
It has been a blasphemy to the Dodge Brothers since MB bought Chrysler.

BYD - supposedly has made a full-size truck. It is sold everywhere except the US.

Warren Buffett owns 7% and GM owns about 4% of BYD -- Per Google!
If this happens - then there is a work-around for importing BYD trucks/cars to US.

I am with you -- seriously, the French/Italians don't understand the US truck market. They make dog **** like Fiat, Citroen, Renaualt, Vaxhaul and other crap.

Chrysler needs to be bought back by some one(s) in the US.
It has been a blasphemy to the Dodge Brothers since MB bought Chrysler.

I will say MB was the only merger that went reasonably well at least in terms of the engineering upgrades to platforms including the Durango, Charger, 300, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Challenger which allowed them to run those platforms over 10 years, also the ZF Transmissions were a substantial upgrade to junk Chrysler transmissions they had in the past.

Edit -- removed the last comment that may come across as a partisan statement.

That is their point of buying Chrysler, Jeep, RAM, Dodge. Research the data about the Japanese, Germans, and ..... the rest when they opened factories in the US to bypass the Chicken tax!
Half of all Japanese brands are made in various places in US.

Tariff means that it is coming out of our pockets if we are going to buy the products from elsewhere that have a sanction/tariff against them!
Research who is paying for the tariffs. It is not China, Timbacktu, or elsewhere --- we the American consumers are paying for it.

Last edited:
I will say MB was the only merger that went reasonably well at least in terms of the engineering upgrades to platforms including the Durango, Charger, 300, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Challenger which allowed them to run those platforms over 10 years, also the ZF Transmissions were a substantial upgrade to junk Chrysler transmissions they had in the past.
Yes - the ownership of MB has brought us the best interiors!
In 2019 when I was looking for a full-size truck, I narrowed down my choice to a Thundra. then on the way home to get the checkbook I stopped at the RAM dealer. When I saw the RAM, my jaw dropped down to the ground, It was better looking than my S560. The rest is history

Did you sell your previous Dodge when the Stallantis merger took place too? :ROFLMAO:

Seems to me that from haunting the Dodge/Chrysler minivan forums for the 2008 plus generation that the consensus was that MB de-contented the pee out of the vans... I don't think that crowd were fans of MB's acquisition in 1997 and the subsequent bleeding of Chrysler.

From 2003 on, several used to be standard features on the vans were made optional or dropped altogether. Here's a Chrysler minivan forum post from 2008: "Hi All, I'm about to replace my beloved '98 T+C LXI AWD (130K), simply because if I wait any longer, clean '04s with AWD will be very scarce. The van still runs great, and I love it. I finally found a nice '04 that fits the bill, but I was really astonished by all the de-contenting! I knew they started in '03, but WOW...
Right side power seat no vertical movement, visors have no variable light adjustment and only one light, stereo doesn't sound nearly as good as my '98, only one flood on the tailgate, no instantaneous gas mileage readout on the VIC, no pull handles on the ceiling lights, no windshield deicer grids, leather seems cheaper. Some of this stuff is not too bad, but I'm wondering...Is there anything else I'm missing?"
An answer:
  • The body side moldings on the long-wheelbase models extend beyond the back of the sliding doors in 02. In 03, they end on the door (they are the same as the short-wheelbase moldings).
  • Interior door panels may be cheaper.
  • At some point during the 03 model year, they switched from having a bin with a lid in the third row on the right side, to just having a slot.
  • The door for the jack is more flimsy in my 03 than in earlier models I have seen
  • Sometime after 03, they may have reduced the number of models that had multiple power ports in the dash. My 03 has 2 (plus one behind the second row seat on the driver's side).
  • AWD was not available after the 04 model year (it looks like you know that already)
  • the 05 models no longer have the "eyebrow" above the instrument cluster; The high-beam indicator and turn signals are integrated with the other instruments.
  • Sometime after 03, the insulation attached to the underside of the hood was no longer offered.
  • Starting with the 04 model year, each taillight has only one bulb, which combines turn signals and brake light functions, whereas previous years had two bulbs, one for turn signals and one for brake lights. End of copied portion of thread.
Not sure about Dodge trucks but I doubt that MB understood North American needs for torquey V8's. Sure they had the over-complicated AMG motors but who'd want one of those in a truck for reliability and repair costs?

Did you sell your previous Dodge when the Stallantis merger took place too? :ROFLMAO:
Stellantis ownership of CDJR did not mean jack **** to me 2 years ago.
It means more now since RAM is owned by a mediocre garbage corporation looking for Chinese sugar daddies to save their incompetent asses.
CDJR is in the same cesspool as FIAT, Renault, Waxhaul, and the other **** that no one in the civilized world ever buys.

It is the same sad story of many brands in the past 30 years or so that have been killed by incompetent corporations.
I am not saying that RAM will be going out of business.
However, the path that Stellantis is taking can be a detriment to CDJR.
Back to my point, If I win the lotto, I will be an investor to buy this company back from the incompetent garbage that owns it now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back