5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The RAM is a slight upgrade...

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
We built an off-road adventure trailer (and named it Otis) 3 years ago to go with my Subaru Outback. The 2.5L 4-cyl engine took this thing a LOT of places a Subaru had no business going. Looking forward to broadening my horizons after trading the Subie for the Rebel (obviously an even trade)! Our next trailer has been ordered, and will be here in August. In the meantime, I can't even feel the trailer when we're towing Otis around with the truck. Turns out 4 more cylinders, 3.2 more liters of displacement, and about 220 more HP makes a difference. Makes the drive to off-the-grid locations way more fun! Only downside is the wheels don't match anymore...for now.

IMG_20200404_145527.jpg IMG_20200619_101847.jpg IMG_20200619_180137.jpg

Last edited:

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
If you ever found a spot your Subaru could not get to, I bet your new Rebel can.
You'd be surprised where that AWD could get me into (and out of), but I'm looking forward to trying some more technical trails with the E-locker 4WD. And of course, the Subaru won't haul this (taking delivery in August; we're super excited, even the dog):

1593014741059.png

It's travelling across the pond from Australia as I type. First one of this model in the US. More fun pix coming afterwards!

Chuck19

Reaction score
So I went to the website for that rig and it’s a very nice setup! Almost bought one myself, you can just add to cart and go to checkout with a $68,000 item

Looking forward you pics when you get it

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
So I went to the website for that rig and it’s a very nice setup! Almost bought one myself, you can just add to cart and go to checkout with a $68,000 item

Looking forward you pics when you get it
Only US$60k, so you can't afford NOT to get one. :cool:

hunter1234

Reaction score
Looks like a great rig, I have both a Subaru outback and RAM 1500 Diesel, both have always taken me wherever I needed to go, in snow and ice the outback performed flawlessly and the low center of mass, smaller size actually made it seem more stable and able to negotiate those tight spots a little better. The Ram (I have the crew cab with the 6'4 bed) pulled and hauled many things through the mud, duck marshes and non-technical off-roads with a lot of carrying capacity. Both are great vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread