5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The internet causes truck terminal illness...and other things that baffle me

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lived in the SE for a LONG time. Born/lived in CA. BS that “NOBODY” works in SWFL. You are correct, there is a different culture in SWFL. However, I have found that you get respect when you show respect. If the dealer you are visiting doesn’t work for you, visit another. If after several visits, you have the same experience, change dealers or change vehicles.

You're right, I should have re-phrased, it's not that there isn't any hard working people here, it's just that in contrast to how life seems to operate up north, things are just a little more lax down here. I personally don't have any qualms with any dealers here (yet), as I haven't visited any for service yet.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
You're right, I should have re-phrased, it's not that there isn't any hard working people here, it's just that in contrast to how life seems to operate up north, things are just a little more lax down here. I personally don't have any qualms with any dealers here (yet), as I haven't visited any for service yet.
I completely understand. Life in SWFL is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than the NE. Almost like Puerto Rico or most European countries; sometimes VERY SLOW or appearing not to care. However, some of the main reasons people move to the SWFL is the weather, taxes, or politics (or any combination), but I digress. I hope you are enjoying the move. The NE pace of life is completely different from the rest of the US. Enjoy why you moved. Understand it is different. I’m sure you and your Father will find a dealer that supports you; in the end that is what is important.

Last edited:

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
What baffles me is how people pay $50,000 for something and then think it is ok for it to have all kinds of problems.
Can you specifically name “ all kinds of problems”? You obviously have not owned BMW, Volvo, Ford, or Chevy in the 20xx’s. Check their user forums.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread