5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer Ram for 2500

dagnabit

Reaction score
Got my Tazer Ram from Z Automotive today. Haven’t seen anyone discussing use of the TazerRam instead of the TazerDT so I feel like I am a little in uncharted territory. Waiting for dusk to install it since I got it primarily to turn off all DRLs. It may be standard but the disclaimer on the package is not reassuring.

UPDATE: Installed the TazerRam and did not get any response from the unit. Apparently the SGW bypass module needs to be installed prior in order for the unit to work. This module is located behind the radio which needs to be removed in order to get to the existing SGW module. After replacing the module and putting the dash back together the Tazer should work I guess.
However, according to the manual the Tazer SGW module needs to be removed and the original SGW module needs to be installed in order for dealer diagnostic tools to work. Way too much trouble for what it does.
I sent this question regarding SGW module install on 5th gen Rams to Zautomotive but received no response so decided to move forward anyway. Now I am in the process of returning the unit.
I wanted a plug in easy to use unit and this is not it for my truck so back it goes.

Last edited:

j517

Reaction score
Bet a pedal comander you be happy

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread