5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Removal

Nate1n22

Reaction score
Has anyone removed a standard tailgate from one of these trucks? I got a dent on mine and wanted to replace it but was wondering how difficult it is before I attempt to do it...

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, simple. Open to a 45 degree angle, pop the cables loose lift passenger side up first then slide drivers side towards passenger side and lift up and off. Don't forget the electrical connection.
Only did it once when installing a light bar. I think I found a you tube or written insturction from googling.

Nate1n22

Reaction score
Thanks. Have a dent on the tailgate above the handle to open it. Brought it to one paintless dent repair that said he couldn't do anything because it's aluminum. Have read online that some places can do it.
If I can't find anyone to do it I was just going to get a new tailgate

Reaction score
Thanks. Have a dent on the tailgate above the handle to open it. Brought it to one paintless dent repair that said he couldn't do anything because it's aluminum. Have read online that some places can do it.
If I can't find anyone to do it I was just going to get a new tailgate
What did you end up doing? Buying replacement tailgate?

Users who are viewing this thread