5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Problems

trm

Reaction score
My 2022 1500 Limited has a tailgate that is not centered in the bed. The driver's side has a gap of 3/8" and the passenger's side has a gap of 1/8" or less. The passenger's side when closed does not sit flush as well. Any ideas?

Thanks!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My 2022 1500 Limited has a tailgate that is not centered in the bed. The driver's side has a gap of 3/8" and the passenger's side has a gap of 1/8" or less. The passenger's side when closed does not sit flush as well. Any ideas?

Thanks!
did you get a recall for them not staying closed
the dealer can look at it then

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
I brought my 2022 to the dealer for that exact reason two weeks after I got it. The dealer, Cherry Hill Ram in NJ, had it all day and did nothing, They said it needs to go to a dealer with a body shop. After that, I researched it more and adjusted the striker bolts and added a rubber washer behind the rubber centering piece on the right side, mounted to the bed. It's way better and the gaps now look pretty good. I still want to tweak it a little more in the Spring.

Dustin P

Reaction score
There’s a recall for it. Mine is janky too, but I have a tire rotation to do next week so they can fix it then.

Users who are viewing this thread