5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate gap

Bonersoup

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have another question for anyone who may know. My 2022 ram limited night edition has a large gap between the frame and the tailgate at the top. It looks like it should close another inch but doesn’t. It has ramboxs but I didn’t order the multi function tailgate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 105
Thats pretty well normal for the Ramboxes. Most people put a bit of weather striping in there to make it look nicer and also keep the weather out of there.

That’s an odd design for a truck I just paid 75631 dollars for lol

I don't have Ramboxes on my Rebel but I had them on my 2014 Outdoorsman, gap wasn't quite as big as yours but they did change manufacturers for the new ones so they probably still playing with them to adjust them back to a smaller gap.

Hey guys, I have another question for anyone who may know. My 2022 ram limited night edition has a large gap between the frame and the tailgate at the top. It looks like it should close another inch but doesn’t. It has ramboxs but I didn’t order the multi function tailgate.
That gap is "normal" for a RAM. I don't care for it myself either but have accepted it as par for the course. I do have the MFT on mine.

Ram box or no ram box the ram tail gate gaps have gotten larger on the 5th gen. Was about 1/4” on my 4th gen without ram box and is 3/4” on my 5th gen without ram box. Unnecessarily large IMO. I think this due to how much the frame flexes on these trucks and the need to prevent tailgate to box contact during said flex.

That design is also on a Tradesman, the extra 30k is for the interior, not fit and finish. I'd guess your paint has orange peel too. Don't look too hard or you'll find more things that don't add up

I just noticed this gap on my new 22. Wow, it's a big gap. It wasn't like this at all on my old 2014 with ramboxes. It seems like it's gonna need more than just a bit of weatherstripping to close this gap. I can fit my whole hand in there.

I never owned a 4th gen with ramboxes, but this is absolutely normal for 5th gens with ramboxes. I added a piece of weatherstripping on each side to close it up.

IMG_0239.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back