5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate Ajar Warning

Abb0nz

Reaction score
Hey team,

I have a '23 1500 BH. I'm trying to get the tailgate ajar warning to activate. I have factory bed lights that come on when I open the tailgate so I presume the correct latch is fitted (or am I wrong?). I've enabled the two settings in AlphaOBD that I'm aware of:

*ECUConfig 4 - Tailgate Ajar indication
*CBC Config IO F Pin 26 Connector F Pin 26 : Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present

It's been a couple of days, am I missing something?
Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Hey team,

I have a '23 1500 BH. I'm trying to get the tailgate ajar warning to activate. I have factory bed lights that come on when I open the tailgate so I presume the correct latch is fitted (or am I wrong?). I've enabled the two settings in AlphaOBD that I'm aware of:

*ECUConfig 4 - Tailgate Ajar indication
*CBC Config IO F Pin 26 Connector F Pin 26 : Trunk/Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present

It's been a couple of days, am I missing something?
Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
It's very possible you don't have the sensor. I've heard some newer, lower trim vehicles don't have it anymore. I had it on my 2020 BH and just had to enable it.

I don't have the details in from of me. I added that to my 23 BH too. You need to change the passenger side tailgate latch and a harness in addition too the programming changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back