5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tail Gate Not Popp’n

BARFriendly45

Reaction score
I bought my ram used & my tail gate was difficult to use. It works not pop open with any button. The only way to open it was to push on it while actuating the open button. I searched hi/lo and only found a few people who purchased replacements. I took mine out & just cleaned and lubricated them. They’ve worked every single time since! Silicone lube on the metal/metal & a dry lube on the plastic/plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeap sometimes the actuator and hinges get dry and get difficult to operate. lubing it always does the job.

I had a customer having problems with his driver door on his first gen tundra. Door needs to be slammed hard to shut. I sprayed some silicone lube on it as a quick test to see if lube is what it needs, and it works after.
Told the customer he needs to a bottle of that if it happens again if he doesn't want to shell out the money for new parts and labor.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Another reason this happens is when people have hard tonneau covers like the Gator's, BakFlips, etc. It puts pressure on the tailgate. I have to push mine in a little and then hit the button. Even after lubricating. No fault of the truck though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online