5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Boned!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OTD is 62,600
I bought it 2 hours ago.
Missing many shiny stuff like 12 inch screen, leather, etc. !!!
however it was 7000 cheaper than a 2025 Laramie
Has all of the functional stuff that I care about.
I just hope the new engine is reliable.
It is much more peppier than the Hemi (test drove another one and open it up)!
This post is worthless without pics.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Feel free to post your impressions in the other long Hurricane vs Hemi Thread since you now own one instead of us having to read back and forth between non hurricane owner nutswingers vs the hemi owners lol.

azzx

Reaction score
Sure - only after 20 miles, so far not happy with the shifting harshness -- it may go away with few more miles under the belt.
So far, The other thing that I hate passionately is, that this engine does not have a dipstick for the engine oil level. there is a dumb display that shows the level
I worked in the tech world for 44 years and love gadgets/gizmos. However as an old guy, I love to check my own oil level with dipstic.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure - only after 20 miles, so far not happy with the shifting harshness -- it may go away with few more miles under the belt.
So far, The other thing that I hate passionately is, that this engine does not have a dipstick for the engine oil level. there is a dumb display that shows the level
I worked in the tech world for 44 years and love gadgets/gizmos. However as an old guy, I love to check my own oil level with dipstic.
Just curious if it still has a dipstick tube like European cars that have ditched the dipstick?

PetePA

Reaction score
OTD is 62,600
I bought it 2 hours ago.
Missing many shiny stuff like 12 inch screen, leather, etc. !!!
however it was 7000 cheaper than a 2025 Laramie
Has all of the functional stuff that I care about.
I just hope the new engine is reliable.
It is much more peppier than the Hemi (test drove another one and open it up)!
Nice, congratulations!!!!!

PetePA

Reaction score
Feel free to post your impressions in the other long Hurricane vs Hemi Thread since you now own one instead of us having to read back and forth between non hurricane owner nutswingers vs the hemi owners lol.
I've concluded that neither his impressions nor facts or logic will change the minds of 98% of people on this forum when it comes to Hemi vs Hurricane.

azzx

Reaction score
Agree, not sold on this new engine yet, 20 miles is not enough to form any opinions. I bought it, so no going back to the Hemi!!
One more first impression - the build quality (body panels gaps, etc.) is well below my 2019.
It could be attributed to many factors, however it is disappointing.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree, not sold on this new engine yet, 20 miles is not enough to form any opinions. I bought it, so no going back to the Hemi!!
One more first impression - the build quality (body panels gaps, etc.) is well below my 2019.
It could be attributed to many factors, however it is disappointing.
What's the build date of your new truck? It'll say inside the door jamb, and also have the month/day/hour listed.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious if it still has a dipstick tube like European cars that have ditched the dipstick?
There is no tube in the engine.

My first impressions on driving the new 3.0, I am impressed with the power. It is very quiet. Long term, who knows.

I purchased my lease, because of the unknown reliability of the engine and other systems. I am not a fan of Stellantis 2 battery stop start systems. Had a 2025 towed in with only 130 miles last week, auxiliary battery dead and wouldn't start.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh I agree but it’ll be nice to get a opinion and comparison to both since well he now has and had each.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Stellantis 2 battery stop start systems. Had a 2025 towed in with only 130 miles last week, auxiliary battery dead and wouldn't start.

I've driven a lot of cars that use the vehicle starter to restart for the auto stop/start function and they all felt like I was driving my gas golf card. The second or fraction of a second it took for the vehicle to restart and move was very noticeable to me and annoying. One thing that surprised me about the eTorque Ram was that I never notice it stopping and starting. I just moves when I push the gas.

azzx

Reaction score
First public service announcement.
Bed step from 2019 - 2024 does not fit 2025.
Neither the rear mud flaps!
Not sure about running boards, the set I ordered from amazon showed up beat up so I returned them

None of the Mopar sites show 2025 for accessories.

Users who are viewing this thread