5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

System Reboot 45-60 seconds

FlipOrwig

Reaction score
I am new to the site and new to Ram trucks. I purchased a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited January 1, 2020 and everything was great until this last update received February 29, 2020. Update came through and immediately started rebooting every 45-60 seconds. Called Uconnect and they told me to let the truck sleep for 8 hours. Did that and everything worked fine until I turned my i-phone 11 bluetooth back on. Every time my phone tries to connect to the system it starts its cycle of rebooting every 45-60 seconds. Next day i just left my phone disconnected. Was good for about 30 minutes and then the system stated "Device not supported" and "No device connected" at the same time and started rebooting every 45 -60 again. Deleted the phone from the system altogether and no change; after 30 minutes or so the states "Device not supported" and starts its cycle of rebooting. Any thoughts?

jjm2019

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, tired of it!! The only thing I hate about my truck is the Uconnect, and that’s was one of the main reasons I bought the limited... can’t wait until someone makes an after market replacement for the pos.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i know you may not like the question but did you try disconnect the battery trick yet?

FlipOrwig

Reaction score
i know you may not like the question but did you try disconnect the battery trick yet?
Disconnected the battery last night. Left it unhooked for about 12 minutes. hooked it back up same cycle right away. Got in this morning, drove 15 minutes without any issue then after stopping and starting again immediately back into the cycle. It seems to coincide with an error message, "Device is not compatible." There is no device connected. I turned off the bluetooth to phone and the un-paired my phone. Still receives the error message that the device is not compatible! along with another message stating "No device connected" at the same time? I will be dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow morning but am not expecting much help based on what i have read.

If the dealership cant fix it, I will probably disconnect the battery and let it sit for a day just to make sure there is not residual data from a short power interruption. Other than that, I wish there was a way to roll back to the previous update!

Also, since other threads have asked; the software version is 19.49.13 the BootMicro version is 19.43.01 (thats all i can get before it reboots)

dmchugh24

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer right now for this issue. It was at the dealer last week for the "Device Not Supported" error message that has been popping up randomly for months. After the update Friday it not has the same error message but now the radio continuously reboots. Of course, when I dropped it at the dealer yesterday everything was miraculously working perfectly for the first time in months.

coachdizzy

Reaction score
Disconnected the battery last night. Left it unhooked for about 12 minutes. hooked it back up same cycle right away. Got in this morning, drove 15 minutes without any issue then after stopping and starting again immediately back into the cycle. It seems to coincide with an error message, "Device is not compatible." There is no device connected. I turned off the bluetooth to phone and the un-paired my phone. Still receives the error message that the device is not compatible! along with another message stating "No device connected" at the same time? I will be dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow morning but am not expecting much help based on what i have read.

If the dealership cant fix it, I will probably disconnect the battery and let it sit for a day just to make sure there is not residual data from a short power interruption. Other than that, I wish there was a way to roll back to the previous update!

Also, since other threads have asked; the software version is 19.49.13 the BootMicro version is 19.43.01 (thats all i can get before it reboots)

coachdizzy

Reaction score
I legit feel your pain. Everytime i drop my car at the dealer (5 times)i think i am on a hidden camera show. This cant be real. Basically my $60,000.00 truck is a paperweight.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
I picked mine up yesterday from the dealer for the above issue. They basically are waiting to hear back from Chrysler they havent gotten any info back for 2 days. So im just driving around without a radio for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk5486

Reaction score
This happen to me after I tried using Apple Car play. It said device not supported a couple times then started working. Next time I used my truck it did the "device not supported" message and would reboot every 15-20 seconds. I tried the battery disconnect and even pulled the fuse (F44 on the interior fuse panel FYI), neither worked. I tried plugging my phone in again and it would go in and out of charging but the radio was working. I then plugged in an Android phone just for adding on to this crazy test and after doing that my radio now works without issue. I plan on trying Apple Car play again in a couple days when I calm down from this round of crazy train.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
Just an update on my truck. They heard back from Chrysler and they are putting in a new media hub, they said that is supposed to fix the issue.

dmchugh24

Reaction score
Just an update on my truck. They heard back from Chrysler and they are putting in a new media hub, they said that is supposed to fix the issue.

Just picked it up from the dealer and my USBs dont work at all. So it got worse.

mike12193

Reaction score
Ok so let me put this out there and my experience with the 12” Radio and Bluetooth reboots. Hopefully it will help somebody. My radio was working fine using CarPlay. But one day I forgot my cable and was using Bluetooth. After a minute or two my radio would reboot. Very very annoying. This happened for 3 days. Now here is the odd part, if I used CarPlay it would not reboot only with Bluetooth. I went to the dealer thinking my radio was bad. I brought it in and they said it checked out fine. I was pissed. He did tell me to do the following and he was confident it would fix the problem.
Delete the phone from the radios Bluetooth.
Delete the truck from the phones Bluetooth
Let the radio power down, open door, close door and wait two minutes
Repair the phone.
Sure as **** worked, I can now use Bluetooth without the radio rebooting.
Hopefully that helps some of you on here.

Mike

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
So I was having an issue where the Android auto would not work with my phone nor would the USB media feature. Now granted this is different than your issues, BUT the fix was (and this was discovered by accident) to pair a different phone in the system. In this case an iPhone and do the Iphone version of android auto. After this it immediately picked up my phone and started working and has worked ever since. This has been around a month. Since your problems seem MAYBE device related, it can't hurt to try a differnt device. Don't know what this quirk is, but my problems in this area are history for now.

Users who are viewing this thread