5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching out stock halogen bulbs with 6000k LED bulbs

klee220

Reaction score
Hey team, I'm looking to do a bulb switch. I see some others here have gone with the lasfit package on their website but the price seems a little steep compared to what I can find on Amazon.

My biggest concern is getting bulbs too bright that no matter where I aim them I'll be blinding other drivers. Another concern is finding some quality bulbs that work plug and play--hi/lo and fogs. Maybe even the turn signals if it's worth it in anyone's experience. Any one got some know-how with what to go for and things I should have in mind while I make the switch soon? Word up--appreciate it.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Bought the lasfit for my dogs but haven’t had time to install them yet... interesting enough I bought them from the lasfit store on Amazon and it was cheaper than their website lol.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Lastfits in the Lone Star back in October. I had to aim the headlights afterwards and they’ve been flawless since then...highly recommended. Purchased mine on Amazon and they are perfect - just be sure to re-aim them once you’ve done the install.

Last edited:

gwatt86

Reaction score
I installed the Lastfits in the Lone Star back in October. I had to aim the headlights afterwards and they’ve been flawless since then...highly recommended. Purchased mine on Amazon and they are perfect - just be sure to re-aim them once you’ve done the install.
Maybe a dumb question but how do you aim them after you've installed?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but how do you aim them after you've installed?
Instructions for Halogen Headlight Adjustment on Big Horn/Lone Star/Tradesman (non-factory LED)
1. Go to Home Depot and purchase a set of long, ball-end hex bit sockets like the picture below (Sku 795164 or equivalent).
2. Park your pickup about five feet from your garage door or a wall (see picture below) as this will help you see the beam going lower...too far away and it can be difficult to see.
3. No, I didn't put blue painters tape on my garage door or a wall and measure as I knew how to eyeball it and then park on the street to check with my wife's car to see if they are still too high.
4. Get your 3/8" ratchet with extensions and set yourself up like the picture below with the 1/4" hex bit socket - not 7/32" as stated in an earlier post .
5. Find the white hex aiming slot in the pictures below.
6. To turn the beam lower (toward the ground because you're blinding folks) you need to turn COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
7. Using your ratchet, turn counterclockwise five times in a complete rotation and then stop. Check your aim. If not enough, do another five.
8. I found exactly ten complete rotations of my ratchet did the trick on our 2020 Lone Star.

By the way, if you use 7/32", you will be turning 20, 30 or even 40 turns as it ain't doing "chit". You need to use a 1/4" which is the correct size and you can see the gear turning as you rotate the hex bit sock a full rotation. Works like a charm. Remember, don't do more than 20 to 25 maximum as you run the risk of backing that inside nut out too far and then you're past the point of no return.

Husky795164.jpg

Aim1.jpg

Aim2.jpg

Aim3.jpg

Aim4.jpg

AIm5.jpg

Aim6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread