5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway bar frame mount bushings - what to replace with?

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
So the front and rear sway bar frame mount bushings are squeaking and I am wanting to replace. They started making noise about 70k and 20k later I am ready to take action.
Does anyone know if any aftermarket rubber mounts are okay? If so what have you used and where did you order?

What about the polyurethane bushings (energy suspension)? My only concern is they will eventually make noise once the grease comes out.

I wonder why the sway bar bushings squeak as I have never had a vehicle do this before, I guess they get dirt in them easy do to there location?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They have zirks so should be easy to grease. I used energy suspension on my Trans AM. Happy customer.

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
Anyone else have suggestions on just replacing factory with factory rubber or aftermarket rubber bushings
OR
replacing with urethane (energy suspension /Mogg/ etc)?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think energy suspension has them for 5th gen rams

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They have zirks so should be easy to grease. I used energy suspension on my Trans AM. Happy customer.
What do you mean? There are no grease zerk on our trucks from factory.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was referring to the energy suspension ones. I had these on my TA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230625_005046_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230625_005046_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 16

My1stHemi

Reaction score
These ones should fit for the front. There are a few who have shared the link to these bushings. As for the rear I am not sure because I am running a Hellwig sway bar and they just sent me new ones for free.
Good luck👍

Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set : Automotive
I installed these last week. Solved all my front end clunk and squeak sounds! Best $40 I ever spent on this truck beside go-juice in the tank.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used these for the front sway bar and helped!

Energy Suspension 5.5160R 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set https://a.co/d/9ZkBeee

Took all of 20 minutes. I used my wireless dremel to cut the oem bushing off. Put in the new bushing added grease and installed the brackets back on, done.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used these for the front sway bar and helped!

Energy Suspension 5.5160R 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set https://a.co/d/9ZkBeee

Took all of 20 minutes. I used my wireless dremel to cut the oem bushing off. Put in the new bushing added grease and installed the brackets back on, done.
The newer trucks have a split in the bushing from the factory. I cut mine with a razor blade. Was easier than a Dremel, and didn't have to break out the extension cord.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The newer trucks have a split in the bushing from the factory. I cut mine with a razor blade. Was easier than a Dremel, and didn't have to break out the extension cord.
I have a 19’ it was a full solid bushing the only way it was coming off was to take off my whole bar which I wasn’t going to do.

I have a wireless dremel. And I’m surgical with it!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I
I have a 19’ it was a full solid bushing the only way it was coming off was to take off my whole bar which I wasn’t going to do.

I have a wireless dremel. And I’m surgical with it!
Was just saying the newer trucks 21+ have split bushings from factoey

Users who are viewing this thread