5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping to tow mirrors on 23 limited

lauderbaugh85

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question for everyone. I am getting a new truck that does not have factory tow mirrors. I am looking at purchasing a set of them and installing them. Is it possible to take factory tow mirrors and swap out standard mirrors and still have the factory fold? My 21 had the same mirrors that the 3/4 ton had on them. Is it possible on the 23?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t think the tow mirrors can electronically fold

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question for everyone. I am getting a new truck that does not have factory tow mirrors. I am looking at purchasing a set of them and installing them. Is it possible to take factory tow mirrors and swap out standard mirrors and still have the factory fold? My 21 had the same mirrors that the 3/4 ton had on them. Is it possible on the 23?
Yes, you can have power-folding tow mirrors if you buy the correct ones.
I had non-power-fold tow mirrors on my BH and bought the power-folding variant and the necessary module that controls the fold. After installing the hardware and enabling a few settings in AlfaOBD, I had working power-folding tow mirrors.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As said, if you find a set of tow mirrors with the power folding, yes. There are power folding tow mirrors out there, both OEM and aftermarket. If you new mirrors have the same features your current mirrors has, it will all be direct plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread