5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping steering wheel airbag question

Racingwoody

Reaction score
Evening, I am in the middle of swapping my 2022 Rebel GT steering wheel with a TRX steering wheel, no issues there. The question I have is do I need to leave my rebel airbag in or can I swap to the airbag from the TRX.

The rebel bag has a silver emblem and the TRX has a black emblem. Just didn’t know if the airbags are anyway coded to the truck?

Thx in advance.
55b551633428475682f600621b55d2e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Airbags are not coded to the truck. As long as the connection on the back are the same, there should not be a problem. The only difference should be the color of the emblem.

Racingwoody

Reaction score
Airbags are not coded to the truck. As long as the connection on the back are the same, there should not be a problem. The only difference should be the color of the emblem.

That’s what I thought, and yes all connectors are identical. Just needed to double check before I threw a fault.

Thank you.

Racingwoody

Reaction score
I swapped airbags and zero issues or indicators so far.

Thx again.

Users who are viewing this thread