5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof Glass Stains

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Bought a new Karcher power washer and I used the Karcher brand soap through it. Soap dried on my sunroof and now I have outlines of the drops everywhere on the glass. Sediment stains you might call them.

Anybody know how I can get this **** off? Been a month now and I've hand washed it three times but there's always a little bit left. Like it's etched in

Tia,

Davey

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned, use a clay bar. You can use glass cleaner as a lube for it as well. I do all my windows occasionally and you'd be surprised how much junk shows up in the clay off the glass even when it looked clean.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
+1 on the clay bar, as mentioned above. also, is that soap PH neutral? I didnt see anything online about it being PH neutral. It would help a lot with preventing water spots once the water dries.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahah there you go. I use Adams Polishes brand products for all of my cleaning/detailing! They make stuff for pressure washers/foam cannons

xspeedy

Reaction score
Vinegar, 100%. Wet it with vinegar and try to keep it wet for a while and rub well with a microfiber. If it is just glass, you can even use the blue or green scrub pads like on the kitchen sponges. Rinse well with water and towel dry. Don’t allow the vinegar to dry and given some time desired to dwell, you want to do this on a cooler day in the shade.

Last edited:

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vinegar, 100%. Wet it with vinegar and try to keep it wet for a while and rub well with a microfiber. If it is just glass, you can even use the blue or green scrub pads like on the kitchen sponges. Rinse well with water and towel dry. Don’t allow the vinegar to dry and given some time desired to dwell, you want to do this on a cooler day in the shade.
I've tried vinegar before and didn't have luck.

I think it's going to be situationally dependent on what caused the spotting. Clay might remove it, might not. A razor blade might remove it, but if it's all over a pano roof, that's a lot of elbow grease. Polishing the glass with a DA will definitely remove it, but not everyone has the tools or know how.

I did see a Facebook ad for this stuff the other day and it looked pretty promising... but it was an ad, so ymmv. https://sudfactory.com/shop/spotlessx2-glass-water-spot-remover/

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Griots garage (detailing company) has a glass specific cleaning clay. I’d try one of those, I use mine all the time and love it

Patriotmobiledetail

Reaction score
Ceriglass
And a DA
Vinegar is ok. But dont use it if u have ceramic coating on your paint
For obvious reasons.
Try a flat blade w some of Adam's ceramic prep spray....coating prep

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard of people using Barkeepers Friend to remove water spots. I haven't tried anything yet because I'm concerned that my windows will end up scratched. Has anyone tried Barkeepers Friend?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Ceriglass
And a DA
Vinegar is ok. But dont use it if u have ceramic coating on your paint
For obvious reasons.
Try a flat blade w some of Adam's ceramic prep spray....coating prep
This! Buy the ceriglass kit with the hand applicator if you don't feel comfortable with a polisher. Will take you longer but it will work then ceramic coat the glass or put some type of protection on it.

Users who are viewing this thread