5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof Exterior Seal coming apart

bourgeois

Reaction score
I noticed the other day my sunroof seal is breaking apart. The truck is a 2019 and it has happen within the past 2 months.. Has anyone had this issue and replaced? Does anyone know what would cause this? The part is cheap but Im sure the install is alot of work.

Attachments

• dodge 2.jpg
    dodge 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 75
  • dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 74

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sunlight and heat break down plastics. Armor-all or similar products may have some preventative value, but once the damage is done all you can do is replace.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^That's what I was thinking. Looks like something has been chewing on that seal.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
"Ah hates rodents" .....as said by Yosemite Sam 😁

bourgeois

Reaction score
I dont think it is rodents. I keep it mostly outside. I do have squirrels around my house, but dont think they would chew on it but I have seen weird things in my life. Has anyone replaced this?

NightEdition

Reaction score
I have the same failure of the panoramic sunroof exterior seal on my 2020 Laramie. Ordered a new seal (68357670AA) for it. Now just need to figure out how to install it. Has anyone found directions for the install or can provide some advise? Thanks

bourgeois

Reaction score
I have the same failure of the panoramic sunroof exterior seal on my 2020 Laramie. Ordered a new seal (68357670AA) for it. Now just need to figure out how to install it. Has anyone found directions for the install or can provide some advise? Thanks
I replaced mine a few months ago and it was pretty easy. You have to roll the new gasket into the open of the sunroof. You dont remove any trim. The hardest part was when I got to the end and had to make it fit. Start at a corner and work your way around. spray a slicone to help slide

NightEdition

Reaction score
I replaced mine a few months ago and it was pretty easy. You have to roll the new gasket into the open of the sunroof. You dont remove any trim. The hardest part was when I got to the end and had to make it fit. Start at a corner and work your way around. spray a slicone to help slide
Is yours a panoramic sunroof? Does the rear glass need to be removed first? Any elaboration on the install instructions is greatly appreciated.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They make conditioners for sunroof seals to keep them in good shape. Stay way from armorall.

Users who are viewing this thread