5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof Exploded while driving

Tonywa28

Reaction score
My front panoramic sunroof exploded today. 63 degrees, clear weather, all windows up. Driving on interstate, no other vehicles nearby. No nearby overpass. Shattered.
2021 ram 1500 limited. 28k miles

Attachments

• PXL_20221219_133629399.jpg
    PXL_20221219_133629399.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 61

Jmac509

Reaction score
I haven't seen a lot of posts about this.

A few weeks back I saw a ram 1500 that was in a multiple car wreck on the freeway. It landed on its side with the sunroof intact. Since the car was on its side the driver opted to open the sunroof and climb out that way instead of trying to climb up and out the passenger door. I was surprised but the sunroof never broke and remained operational even with the vehicle smashed on one side from the initial impact and crushed on the side it landed on.

I'm curious to see how your replacements go and if the replacements give you any trouble. Definitely report back with your experiences if you can.

U

User_3336

My front panoramic sunroof exploded today. 63 degrees, clear weather, all windows up. Driving on interstate, no other vehicles nearby. No nearby overpass. Shattered.
2021 ram 1500 limited. 28k miles
WOW! On your first post as well! :cool:

(and on a topic a year and four months old!)

Users who are viewing this thread