5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for replacement windshield wipers?

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I watched that guys videos of the wipers and decided to go from my favorite I've been using for years (PIAA) and give the Bosch Icons a try. I switched back to the PIAA's, for me they have worked and still work the best although I'm careful with how I use my wipers and my glass is ceramic coated.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was always scared away from OEM wipers because they were so expensive, but I got sick of the aftermarket wipers crappy performance and short life. Even if the OEM wipers didn't last any longer than aftermarket wipers, I would be okay with that because they just work better. Better meaning, no streaking, skipping, and quiet operation. What I've found is the OEM blades normally last 2 times longer, which makes the extra expense a moot point.
If they last twice as long, then you're right about the cost not mattering. I haven't had to replace wiper blades on any 5th gen I've owned yet, so I'll have to take your word for that. Since we're in basically the same climate I hope that will be true for me too. On the 2017 Rebel I bought new, I had to replace the original blades after 1 year. I went with Bosch Icons. They worked fine, but I wouldn't say they were any better than the original blades when they were newer.

RBJ

Reaction score
I agree on Bosch Icons. I have had them vehicles for several years, they wipe streak and noise free. Available at many stores, including Amazon where you can confirm size for your RAM (year and model). 12 Months Warranty The design of Bosch ICON distributes more uniform pressure along the entire length of the blade.
Search on Amazon for:

Bosch ICON Wiper Blades 24A24A (Set of 2) Fits Bentley: 09 Arnage, Dodge: 00-02 Ram 1500, Ford: 06-05 GT, Kia: 05-02 Sedona; Mazda: 06-00 MPV +More, Up to 40% Longer Life, Frustration Free Packaging​

Last edited:

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Grabbed the Bosch Icons a few weeks back and very happy with them so far.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I've tried Michelin hybrid wiper blades from Costco -> they are not compatible at all. Hybrid blade doesn't work on our curved windshields and driver side wiper doesn't touch the top part of the windshield at the edge position at all.
Tried different Bosch blades - Icon and Evolution. Streak after few months. Keep in mind that I'm in Seattle and it is raining every day, so 3 months here for wiper blades is like a year in Arizona.

Returning back to OEMs now.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the pump when I clean my windshield I stand up the wiper arms so I can access the full windshield to get rid of the bug splatters etc.

Before I put the wiper blades back down I take the paper towel I’ve been using to clean my windshield and wipe the black rubber part of the windshield wiper of any accumulated grime.

Don’t know if it makes a difference in blade life etc but it can’t hurt and it only takes a few seconds longer.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I've used Anco and trico brands with good success. I did have to replace one in an emergency once so I went into a local Walmart and bouflght their cheapest brand and I had great luck with them too. The cheapies worked just as good as the more expensive brands I've used

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
At the pump when I clean my windshield I stand up the wiper arms so I can access the full windshield to get rid of the bug splatters etc.

Before I put the wiper blades back down I take the paper towel I’ve been using to clean my windshield and wipe the black rubber part of the windshield wiper of any accumulated grime.

Don’t know if it makes a difference in blade life etc but it can’t hurt and it only takes a few seconds longer.
I do the same. The wipers definitely work better if you keep them clean.

Users who are viewing this thread