5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stumped with install subs and amp

Reaction score
Installed 2 sundown 10's in a foxbox with sundown sfb1500d amp. Lc2i to get the signal. I have upgraded all 6 factory speakers to kickers which sounded great and worked great until I spliced into the rear speaker wires to get a signal for lc2i. I now have no sound out of any speaker. I have removed lc2i wiring and replaced splice back to as factory configuration on rear speakers. Still no sound. Took truck to dealer. They installed a new radio unit with still no sound. Tested my radio unit in another vehicle and said it worked flawlessly. Any suggestions as to what could be going on here?

Need more info!
Was this a base system? No amp? Just ANC?
Was the ANC removed?
Go into Alfa OBD settings and turn off setting that turns off amp if the load is wrong. Check your wires! I’ve seen a ton of people get the wires wrong and out of phase. That won’t kill all of your sound.
Check under your drivers seat!
If ANC is still there, check the fuse! If this reports error to deck, then it could be an issue. A way around it.
They make a cable that allows you to remove it, and tap for your high level. Idatalink Bch3

that will help a ton.
Other wise without more information we are shooting in the dark!

also, clear codes! The aftermarket speakers could have set a code for impedance being off. Sure the dealer tried that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back