5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in 1 st gear 2019 Ram 1500 4x4

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All clear after new battery and drive cycles, reported to NTSB. If you had cold or weak battery in snow…people could die. You could try to pull out in traffic and realize too late you got only 1st? Software sucks. I like it when it’s working but engineering is about reliability, failure modes and safe states should there be a failure. Low battery is the most common state. Why would you limp a car if the stability control is not talking? Just revert to old school human control. This is as dumb as the leaky rear window dripping on RF hub, it fails and you have no way to start truck, even with the manual key that let you in the door. Wake up Ram, people use these trucks in the extreme, design them for that. Take your controls engineer to snowy backroad, disable the RF hub, give them a new battery, let battery die and then leave them there. If they don’t come to work the next morning, hire another. Repeat until one shows up, then you have a real engineer.
Had it happen, one hell of a learning curve/experience. I only drive the Ram once a week or so these days. So now it is on a battery tender, keep an eye on the battery voltage, along with keeping a jump start in the Ram and I am well versed in parasitic drains and batteries for the Ram.

Last edited:

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can confirm all my battery issues I had with my truck was 100% due to the Pedal Commander. After removing that I have not had any issues with my battery.

Users who are viewing this thread