5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck at version 35, am I crazy?

jhaislip86

Reaction score
I brought my 2020 RAM 1500 Limited with 12" Uconnect to the dealer to see why it would not update, and also to fix my "Device Not Supported" popups and lack of Carplay connectivity. I made the long trip there, and then they said "Oh, there's not an update for it." Mine has been stuck on version 35.x for at least 8 months. I follow some threads here that say this 12" uConnect is at version 41.x and even have downloaded the files for it, but the system won't boot the updates on my thumb drive. Am I crazy? Is it a possibility that my unit only goes to version 35.x? I have tried with my 4GB thumb drive, FAT32 format with the update folder in the root drive. Attached photo of dealer mode. It seems to me they just didn't want to mess with it.

Attachments

• IMG_7322.PNG
    IMG_7322.PNG
    601.3 KB · Views: 22

Pokkingbill

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with the UAX 12" as well. It was stuck on 39.9 Today I downloaded the PR-40.1 version from this group (which is the latest version according to Uconnect) and I was able to get it installed successfully. Now I'm waiting for my truck and AT&T to sync to see if this fixed my wifi issue (wifi didn't work and AT&T couldn't see my truck due to software version). My truck spent 11 days at two different dealers on two separate occasions trying to update to which I believe they have no idea what they are doing. I do know that from the 35.xx version you are on there are a couple versions you have to update to in order before you get to PR-40.1. If you don't update in order you will "brick" the unit and have to replace it. I attached the link to what I used. Hopefully that will be helpful.

Pokkingbill

Reaction score
I brought my 2020 RAM 1500 Limited with 12" Uconnect to the dealer to see why it would not update, and also to fix my "Device Not Supported" popups and lack of Carplay connectivity. I made the long trip there, and then they said "Oh, there's not an update for it." Mine has been stuck on version 35.x for at least 8 months. I follow some threads here that say this 12" uConnect is at version 41.x and even have downloaded the files for it, but the system won't boot the updates on my thumb drive. Am I crazy? Is it a possibility that my unit only goes to version 35.x? I have tried with my 4GB thumb drive, FAT32 format with the update folder in the root drive. Attached photo of dealer mode. It seems to me they just didn't want to mess with it.
I have a 2020 with the UAX 12" as well. It was stuck on 39.9 Today I downloaded the PR-40.1 version from this group (which is the latest version according to Uconnect) and I was able to get it installed successfully. Now I'm waiting for my truck and AT&T to sync to see if this fixed my wifi issue (wifi didn't work and AT&T couldn't see my truck due to software version). My truck spent 11 days at two different dealers on two separate occasions trying to update to which I believe they have no idea what they are doing. I do know that from the 35.xx version you are on there are a couple versions you have to update to in order before you get to PR-40.1. If you don't update in order you will "brick" the unit and have to replace it. I attached the link to what I used. Hopefully that will be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread