5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Struggling to Start

jack20191500

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just want to get some opinions on what may be wrong with my truck. I have a 2019 1500 Big Horn 5.7 with 80,000 miles on it. This past week I have noticed it doesn't start immediately. It takes it a few turns more than usual to get going. It's worse if I have been driving, then stop, then try to crank it again. It seems to be getting worse because this morning while leaving the store it failed to crank on the initial try, it did crank on the second attempt though. Any feedback would be appreciated!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just want to get some opinions on what may be wrong with my truck. I have a 2019 1500 Big Horn 5.7 with 80,000 miles on it. This past week I have noticed it doesn't start immediately. It takes it a few turns more than usual to get going. It's worse if I have been driving, then stop, then try to crank it again. It seems to be getting worse because this morning while leaving the store it failed to crank on the initial try, it did crank on the second attempt though. Any feedback would be appreciated!
when was the battery replaced?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t rule out some bad gas or the alcohol sensor being out of wack if the battery tests good.

jack20191500

Reaction score
I wouldn’t rule out some bad gas or the alcohol sensor being out of wack if the battery tests good.
I filled up a couple days ago and the problem kept happening. Hoping it's the battery. I'll report back once I get it straightened away.

Users who are viewing this thread