5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Operation This Morning- Dual Audio Signal output

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been using a Flash Drive with my MP3 files since Day one. This morning I started the truck,
everything was fine, I stopped at the Supermarket to grab something for Breakfast. Restarted the truck,
and I was getting the MP3 output behind a Radio Station signal.

When this started, I switched the Audio Signal to AM and FM and there was no dual output. Tried
Bluetooth and just the Radio signal was there. I checked my Phone that has never been set up to
stream audio. No App running. I shut off the Phone which shut off the Bluetooth option on the
Screen. Went back to the Flash drive and both signals were still there. There are no other
Bluetooth Devices in the Truck.

Sirius XM sent me a letter that my trial period was ending, but I never set that up or used it.

So I am confused as why this is happening, and if anyone else has had this problem?

Thanks

Malodave

ETA I will put an inquiry in with infotainment.com too

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: Left work Yesterday and it fixed itself.

Don't know why it did it, but I am glad it is working correctly again.

Malodave

N7GZN

Reaction score
I think this is a "feature" for UC 4, I have had this issue come and go randomly before and after updating the firmware to sb41.1.
I listen to mp3s on a thumb drive and what will happen Sirius will turn itself on.
Also note I do not have a SiriusXM subscription.

To resolve the issue, select other source, then Sirius, and then select usb which returns the unit to normal mp3 playback..
That's what I do.

Users who are viewing this thread