5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop Start Not working on 2021 RAM 1500

Kiankaj

Reaction score
New to this site. I purchased a new RAM in January and the stop/start has never worked. It’s been looked at 3 times and RAM is buying it from me, doing the right thing. Just curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

Mine has worked but I bet a lot of guys wouldn't be missing it if theirs stopped working. Glad they are buying the truck back from you to make it right. So what are you going to get then?

The start/stop on the wifey Jeep Cherokee stopped working. There is a dash screen that said start/stop unavailable battery charging. I didnt miss it.

Mine has worked but I bet a lot of guys wouldn't be missing it if theirs stopped working. Glad they are buying the truck back from you to make it right. So what are you going to get then?
I was initially thinking the same thing but my concern is if that doesn’t work, what else might be faulty with it down the road. They recharged the battery, then replaced one of the batteries, then replaced the battery pack and that didn’t fix it. Not sure what else might be controlled by this battery pack. As far as another vehicle, not sure.

I was initially thinking the same thing but my concern is if that doesn’t work, what else might be faulty with it down the road. They recharged the battery, then replaced one of the batteries, then replaced the battery pack and that didn’t fix it. Not sure what else might be controlled by this battery pack. As far as another vehicle, not sure.

Get another Ram but with a non-eTorque Hemi. You’ll have no stop/start system to worry about then

Strange that they only think it is a battery issue and not something else. Almost like they didn't fight it because they know there is a bigger issue somewhere.

My 2021 1500 etorque (with about 27,000 miles) started doing this recently. I get the same message "...battery charging." It appears that not only is the Start/Stop Function not active, but the dash mounted voltmeter is slow to hit the expected operating point (it barely gets there), and the engine is a little slow to start (cranks a bit longer), and it appears that the electric motor assist isn't working as well. I surmise this by the precipitous drop in the gas mileage and the truck is running a little sluggish when taking off slowly from a stop. Also, it appears that the transmission is up-shifting from 1st to 2nd at a slightly higher rpm, and down-shifting a little hard 2nd to 1st.

This started about 2-3 weeks ago - I went to start the vehicle, and when I depressed the Run/start button, all the warning lights started flashing and the vehicle didn't start. I followed the reset instructions (i.e., turn selector to run, wait...etc.) The truck then started. Then for the next day or so, the Check Engine light would come on from time to time, it hasn't come on since and there are no "error" message, except the "Start/Stop...battery charging" message when I stroll through the display.

I plan on bringing the truck in a little early for the 30,000-mile service this week, so the dealer can look into this problem as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back