5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Height

Drewsky510

Reaction score
My parking garage at work is 6'9" and I am looking into larger tires/leveling kit and it got me thinking about the stock height for the different models/options. When I was looking on Rams website, they list the Overall Height and Ground Clearance as the same for the Laramie, Rebel, Longhorn, and Limited. Has anyone else looked into this, I know it can't be correct? I'm wondering if the 77.6" is for the standard with springs, ORG would add an inch over the standard,, and then the Rebel would be .5" over the ORG height due to the 33" tires vs 32 on ORG. Has anyone measured their heights yet?

Based on this, I would guess my ORG Laramie has a ride height of 78.6" as it currently sits so I could add slightly larger tires and leveling kit and still be OK.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 45

knightro84

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the 77.6" overall height number includes the shark fin antenna (you would think/hope it would). I agree it seems that the height of a 4x4 ORG Laramie would be 78.6", but if the antenna gives you another 2 or so inches over the roofline, you'd be at 80.6" which is getting pretty close to 6'9" (81").

ders0

Reaction score
Did anyone ever end up measuring their truck with the fin?

I have an 80" clearance in my garage (tuck under garage) and I'm really hoping I can get this thing in there.

knightro84

Reaction score
I'm thinking the 77.6" height in the manual includes the fin... my stock, unloaded 4X4 ORG Laramie sits right at 79" tall (measured 37" to the ceiling from the top of the fin, and I have 9'8" ceilings in the garage).

ders0

Reaction score
I'm thinking the 77.6" height in the manual includes the fin... my stock, unloaded 4X4 ORG Laramie sits right at 79" tall (measured 37" to the ceiling from the top of the fin, and I have 9'8" ceilings in the garage).

Awesome! Thank you. I’m not getting the ORG so that should give me room to spare even.

Users who are viewing this thread