5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock 20's Tire question

BCNJ

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting here!
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but i couldn't find a thread that gets the answer i need. I just swapped out my '16 longhorn for a '19 Big Horn Black pkg. I feel the Bridgestone's that come with the truck get lost in the wheel well compared to the stock tires on the '16 longhorn's 20's. If someone could tell me the largest tire i could run on the stock 20's without lifting or leveling (no rubbing/cutting) i'd really appreciate it. Thx again

P.S. I do not have the Air ride suspension

Fidomac

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but i couldn't find a thread that gets the answer i need. I just swapped out my '16 longhorn for a '19 Big Horn Black pkg. I feel the Bridgestone's that come with the truck get lost in the wheel well compared to the stock tires on the '16 longhorn's 20's. If someone could tell me the largest tire i could run on the stock 20's without lifting or leveling (no rubbing/cutting) i'd really appreciate it. Thx again

I have 275 65 r20

KWRIBoom

Reaction score

Bite the bullet and find a local shop that’ll do the install and alignment. I put on the Rough Country 2” level and was able to fit 34x11.5’s on 20” rims with no touching anywhere. The level finishes the truck off really well, gives it a nice look like it should have already. I paid $480 for the install, alignment and 5 tires mounted/balanced.

Boxxer

Reaction score
Added a 2.5 in MotoFab leveling kit this weekend and just ordered the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/65R20 at my local tire shop. They are 34.6 x 11.2 and after measuring should fit pretty easily with the lift. You would probably be pretty tight with 33x11.5 without any leveling kit or lift. You have plenty of space in front of the tires...but the space behind the front tires are much tighter.

Last edited:

BCNJ

Reaction score
Bite the bullet and find a local shop that’ll do the install and alignment. I put on the Rough Country 2” level and was able to fit 34x11.5’s on 20” rims with no touching anywhere. The level finishes the truck off really well, gives it a nice look like it should have already. I paid $480 for the install, alignment and 5 tires mounted/balanced.
great, thx for your help

Users who are viewing this thread