5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stereo upgrade!!!

EdenZhiweis

Reaction score
I love my RAM, BUT… the base stereo BLOWS!!! So after much research I found a solution that did not involve me cutting 1 factory wire. It is a bit of a pain in the *** but I found harnesses and the right equipment to do the job. Most of the items were available from Amazon or Crutchfield. I replaced all of the door speakers with kicker 3way 6x9’s. Kicker 3.5’s in the dash corners and a 12” sub in a ground-shaker enclosure.
I used an audio control LC-7i to convert the signal to a kicker 5 channel amp. Also used a pac audio ANC-CH01. This cancels out the active noise control system and allows you to wire your amp using the factory wiring without cutting any of the factory wires. Finally my truck sounds as mean on the inside as it does on the outside.

EdenZhiweis

Reaction score
I love my RAM, BUT… the base stereo BLOWS!!! So after much research I found a solution that did not involve me cutting 1 factory wire. It is a bit of a pain in the *** but I found harnesses and the right equipment to do the job. Most of the items were available from Amazon or Crutchfield. I replaced all of the door speakers with kicker 3way 6x9’s. Kicker 3.5’s in the dash corners and a 12” sub in a ground-shaker enclosure.
I used an audio control LC-7i to convert the signal to a kicker 5 channel amp. Also used a pac audio ANC-CH01. This cancels out the active noise control system and allows you to wire y Tweakbox our amp using the factory wiring without cutting any of the factory wires. Finally my truck sounds as mean on the inside as it does on the outside. Appvalley
issue got solved!!

Users who are viewing this thread