5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Wheel Swap

Jbworth86

Reaction score
So i swapped out my generic steering wheel for the leather wrapped, heated wheel out of a rebel. I purchased AlphaOBD, OBDII w/ bluetooth, and the FCA adapter. I turned the heated wheel function on though AlphaOBD, but the icon never showed up under apps on my Uconnect screen. Anyone know how to enable this app so i can use the heat function?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So i swapped out my generic steering wheel for the leather wrapped, heated wheel out of a rebel. I purchased AlphaOBD, OBDII w/ bluetooth, and the FCA adapter. I turned the heated wheel function on though AlphaOBD, but the icon never showed up under apps on my Uconnect screen. Anyone know how to enable this app so i can use the heat function?

You will need go to dealer for them to add that option into your Uconnect.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
By any chance is the heated steering wheel icon in your "Controls" app on the touchscreen? On my truck, that's where it is. I haven't noticed it under "Apps".

-John

Jbworth86

Reaction score
By any chance is the heated steering wheel icon in your "Controls" app on the touchscreen? On my truck, that's where it is. I haven't noticed it under "Apps".

-John
Mine is not. Thats what i am trying to get loaded up. The dealer and Uconnect said they cant add the app which i think is BS.

Jbworth86

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to figure this out. Anyone else swap their wheel and have success?

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score

Did you check wiring harness? I bet you need to add wiring to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you check wiring harness? I bet you need to add wiring to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was thinking the same thing. For starters I would check if the clock spring(fca may call it something different, ford calls it steering control module) is different for trucks with heated wheel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread